Thứ Năm, 17 tháng 10, 2013

ASUS G750JX-DB71 17.3-Inch Deals

By Brigette Keeney (Germany)

This review is from: ASUS G750JX-DB71 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
I purchased this laptop for $1700 from Amazon.com - I would lower my rating at the default $1900 laptop price.

Every specification of this laptop is carefully balanced for an amazing performance. The main selling point is the 256gb solid state and Nvidia 770m at such an affordable price point. This is solidified by a YEAR of accidental damage protection from ASUS.

There really are no shining weakpoints to the laptop - if I could be critical of anything it would be screen brightness is ample, not overwhelming. Also the 770m is dramatically weaker than the 780m, however for most users (even gamers) it'll be just fine.

I'm happy to answer questions about the laptop, I love this thing- just leave a comment.

 By Joe Capasso (FORT MYERS, FL, US)

This review is from: ASUS G750JX-DB71 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
* UPDATE

My replacement laptop is great, (thanks to Amazon's awesome customer service) there is no audio problem with the headphone jack in this one. There was only one other user online I heard from who had a similar problem. I still don't like the
matte screen, but that's a personal preference. It would also be nice to have the blue ray burner included instead of just DVD. However, again, this is still the best laptop out there in its class.

===

(orignal review
Please note there is a hardware issue (at least with the JX verison) of this laptop that creates a hissing and popping sound when using the headphone output. Normally with laptops there are a lot of electronics inside the computer that can interfere with on-board audio, but ASUS advertises this computer as having advanced audio, and specifically a "exclusive" headphone amp. I've updated the audio driver per ASUS tech support, and the problem still exists. Tech support says its most likely a hardware issue. I've browsed other forums online including the ASUS Republic of Gamers forum, and other users report the same problem. The screen also features a matte finish, which to my eyes (I'm a photographer, and use photoshop A LOT), it appears as if I'm looking through a screen covered with grease or some sort of dirty screen. While, this is something I could get over considered many matte screens look like this (but not ALL), the audio quality is something I cannot handle for the money. Other than that, the system is super fast, the cooling is great, and it is a beautiful machine other than the concerns above. I hope ASUS fixes the issue.
By Leash (CA)

This review is from: ASUS G750JX-DB71 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
So far I love this laptop. The biggest thing that kept me from buying it earlier is that it has Windows 8, but the SSD and the price was what kept bring me back to this product during my hunt.

I had purchased a 2010 G73 for my boyfriend three years ago, I was always jealous about how much more powerful his laptop was compared to my macbook pro 2010, and my 2005 XPS Desktop gaming system was way out of date. Now that I'm done with school, I figure it was time that I got a new gaming system.

Pros:
It is definably fast (boots in 2-3 seconds), and it runs cool. About to hop back on FFXIV after two years and ran the benchmark test. Scored 13690 on standard settings and 6090 on maximum settings. Compared to the G73; 5940 standard, 2901 on max. My Macbook scored 2060 standard, couldn't handle max.

Cons:
Windows 8 is pointless on this machine as there is no touch screen. If you prefer Windows 7 over 8, look up START 8. It can help you change the layout to resemble 7, been a life saver for me. The speakers isn't anything to brag about, they sound terrible. Buy a headset.

Tips:
Some things I learn from the G73 to keep in mind for the G750. If your laptop starts to over heat, its most likely dirty. If you run it almost every day, clean the dust out of it once to twice a month (powerful fans suck up more dust).

Watch out for the power cord, the connection can get damaged really easily with a simple kick. I don't know why other companies having caught on to the quick disconnect like Apple's laptops.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét