Thứ Năm, 17 tháng 10, 2013

ASUS Vivobook V550CA-DB71T 15.6-Inch Deals

By Fernanda H. - (CA)

This review is from: ASUS Vivobook V550CA-DB71T 15.6-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
I fell in love with the S550CA-DS1T model because of the specs for a reasonable price. However, when I saw this laptop and found myself with a bigger budget than I had planned originally, I jumped on it. Intel Core i7 is an amazing CPU and I am so happy that this laptop is equipped with such a big memory and RAM. It is entirely necessary for my photography hobby. Creative Cloud works wonderfully on this laptop. I am a college student and needed to find a laptop that would be from a reliable brand and included the very specs offered by this laptop. I feel that I sacrificed the SSD that was found in the S550CA-DS1T, but in turn received an extra 2 GB of RAM and a newer processor. I had my doubts, but even without the SSD, the boot time is speedy and there is no lag between functions and transitions to other programs using the Windows 8 shortcuts.
It is very fast and extremely fun to use. Windows 8 is exasperating at times because I am still used to Windows 7 and XP, but I am happy that I will be challenged to learn and soon master the new OS.
I have had this laptop for only two days but am already extremely satisfied with its performance, appearance, ease of use, and components. The sound is crisp and unexpectedly loud. I was afraid that I would noticeably trade screen resolution for the touchscreen capability, but media and webpages are very clear and easy to read on the screen which appears to be bigger than 15.6 in. I love the fact that it has an optical drive in case I ever need it. The keyboard was said to be less responsive than most and too crammed, but I find myself typing at my average speed with no extra weight added to the keys. The number pad was a definite sales point for me, but I am sad by the lack of backlit keys. The only other drawback to the keyboard is that the laptop is a bit elevated which makes for an awkward wrist position, but this is not something that a change in posture can't remedy.
My family members, after seeing and witnessing the sheer awesomeness that is this laptop, want to trade theirs in for it. I highly recommend it!

 By johnny daytona - (UK)
This review is from: ASUS Vivobook V550CA-DB71T 15.6-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (Black) (Personal Computers)
I had wanted an Asus since my last purchase of a Sony 4 years ago. I just couldn't make the jump, mostly because I didn't know much about them. I do have a Google Nexus 7 that is made by Asus, and looking at many machines side by side I was sold. The build is rock solid, as with most of their products. It had just the right specs, and the one thing that sold me was the color and clarity of the touch screen. HP is just too dim and lifeless. I've heard way too many Dell and Toshiba nightmare stories, so I took the plunge. I didn't get it here as I found it online for a little cheaper at another place. So far the wireless is great and it runs all of the software I need for my DJ business and my podcast. iTunes loaded fine and I am transferring all of my music and podcasts to the giant hard drive. I even like Windows 8 (Gasp!!!). It's actually very cool and intuitive. Took a minute to find the Control Panel but I found it. I love the touch screen aspect, yet a familiar windows screen is only one touch away. We have Apps on all our other devices why not our PCs. I never load software, because I don't know what I need. Asus has it's own App store, and you are given lots of cool tiles. The e-mail setup is great I have access to 3 accounts from one screen. Where has this been for so long? I hvaen't played around with any games yet, but will try some soon. The memory and processor should handle some decent games on the market. I can't wait to just sit and play with this monster. I spent 4 hours messing around with it last night, and could have easily stayed up all night. Very excited about my new Asus.
By Nick Hewlett (MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE, US)
We bought the ASUS V550CA for my daughter who was entering college. When we the PC started an auto-update from Windows 8 and then did a restart, the screen would not come back or the hard drive became inactive. We tried everything to boot into safe mode with no luck. I replaced with the same model, because at this price point it is hard to beat and Amazon too the 1st laptop back without issue. Not sure if the issue was a bad interaction with Windows 8 and the newer touch screen technology or a hard drive issue corrupted after a Windows 8 update. Based on the feedback from ASUS support, they are not aware of this issue, but should be looking into it as I have seen threads related to this problem on-line.

Amazon support is great and the return of the PC was easy as well as buying the replacement.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét