Thứ Hai, 21 tháng 10, 2013

ASUS VivoBook X202E-DH31T-PK 11.6-Inch Deals

By Andrew(UK)
This review is from: ASUS VivoBook X202E-DH31T 11.6-Inch Touch Laptop (Personal Computers)
Firstly, some reviewers have referred to this laptop as a netbook. I have nothing against netbooks, but this is actually an ultraportable notebook. In fact, if it had even a hybrid SSD it would meet ultrabook specs. It certainly has the build quality of an ultrabook.

The good:
- As I said, excellent build quality including the very responsive touchscreen. People have been guessing that I must have paid at least $800 for this machine based on its look and feel alone. It looks and feels like something between a Macbook Air and Pro.
- Remarkably thin considering that it has built in VGA and ethernet ports, and yes, some people still need those!
- It's fast. Obviously with a Core i3 and 4GB of RAM it's not the most powerful device on the market, but if you're not a gamer or into heavy multimedia editing it runs like a breeze. It boots up faster than ANY computer I have ever seen not equipped with an SSD. I guess Windows 8 is to thank for that.
- Speaking of Windows 8, this is a review of the machine not the OS, but I'll just say that it's basically Windows 7 with a better start menu and some handy touched based functionality. On a touchscreen device like this one, I don't see any reason to complain about it.
- Incredibly compact power cable. No brick. It's like a tablet charger. You can literally coil it up and carry it in your pocket.

The Bad:
- Battery life is indeed about 4-5 hours... that is, with careful power management and light use. Not stellar, but I guess it does deliver the "up to 5 hours" promised.
- A little heavy for its size, certainly not so much to be tiring to carry.
- Some reviewers have complained about the trackpad. I haven't updated any drivers and I don't find it to be terrible by any means, but it can be a hair too sensitive at times, sometimes registering a single tap as a double.

Overall:

I'd actually give it a 4.5 if I could. I've looked into a lot of alternatives, and I don't believe there is currently a better laptop for under $600 on the market right now. Certainly not in the 11.6" form factor, where the alternatives are either netbooks of inferior build quality and specs, or an ultrabook/Macbook Air for hundreds of dollars more.

By Dr. Who - (CA)
This review is from: ASUS VivoBook X202E-DH31T 11.6-Inch Touch Laptop (Personal Computers)
The Vivobook is a triumphant result of the minimalist doctrine that currently permeates the computer industry, because it retains excellent function in its diminutive form. The touchscreen, which is necessary for an enjoyable Windows 8 experience, is satisfyingly responsive.

DESIGN:
Nothing about the Vivobook's design suggests that it costs $500. The 11.6-inch laptop is a mere 0.8 inches thick, and weighs 2.9 pounds. The brushed-metal body is sleek and sturdy. The rubberized bottom prevents the laptop from sliding on surfaces during touchscreen use. Similarly, the hinge offers enough resistance to allow for touchscreen use, without being too stiff to open or close.

PERFORMANCE:
This laptop is excellent for surfing the web, streaming videos, and word processing. It boots to the login screen in about 12 seconds, which is a substantial improvement over past Windows laptops.

FINAL WORD:
The Asus Vivobook X202E is ideal for college students, because of its size, weight, durable yet stylish design, touchscreen, and price. It is the best laptop in the world for $500.

For a more detailed review, check the comments below.
By McBain "wgars1234" (Kirkland, WA USA) 
This review is from: ASUS VivoBook X202E-DH31T 11.6-Inch Touch Laptop (Personal Computers)
I bought mine from the Microsoft store a couple days ago. This review does not cover my experience with Windows 8.

I've been looking for a new machine to carry on trips and to do presentations with to customers. So, it has to have the ability to do emails, browsing, pdf display, have a vga out connector, and a usb connector for the remote.

I've used larger laptops on trips, and smaller ones. This one seems about just the right size and weight. I've always hated the touchpads on them, and would use a plugin external mouse. To my pleasure, the touchscreen interface eliminates most of the problems with the touchpad.

The machine does all that I require, and exceeds my expectations with a giant disk drive. I'm surprised by how much I like it. It feels solid and well made. It boots and shuts down faster than any other machine I've had.

On the downside, I would like to have the retina display, and the machine isn't silent - there's the fan and the rotating disk drive which makes a little noise when you tilt the machine. I'd rather have an SSD, but I did not take any stars off for these issues because they would have added considerably to the price.

1 nhận xét: